Your most valuable asset is your business. Most business owners experience a business valuation only once in a lifetime, so knowing about your business valuation is in your best interest. Get educated today on how to smartly use your business valuation to your best advantage so you can make your future happen on your terms.
Please join us for a 1-hour online business valuation education course in a group setting. In this course, you learn about business valuations and the professionals that perform them so that you, the business owner, can gain an advantage doing something you do only once in a lifetime – buy, sell, grow or transfer the value your business.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Business owners interested in any of the following business valuation benefits and what they can do for you…
- Educate You, the Business Owner
- Understand more about business valuations
- Use a valuation to your advantage
- Select better business valuation professionals
- Get an advantage when transferring business equity
- See a clear path to exit your business for a defined amount on a future date
WHAT BUSINESS OWNER CONCERNS DOES THIS COURSE ADDRESS?
- Techniques for getting a more accurate business valuation
- Position to gain insights into the strengths and weaknesses of a business
- Position to provide credibility to stakeholders with the valuation results
- Better understanding the market
- How to get an unbiased valuation opinion
- Knowing your fee and future posturing, at valuation completion, before you purchase a valuation
1-HOUR COURSE AGENDA
- What is a business valuation?
- What situations call for a business valuation?
- What are the different types of valuations?
- What to do with a business valuation?
- Business valuation standards, why are they important?
- What does a business valuation preparer do?
- What are the key drivers of business value?
- What are the qualities of a highly valuable business?
- How do you select a better business valuation professional?
- What can I expect from the fees?
- Open discussion
Attendance in this course comes with:
- 1-hour of personal course instruction with Rodger Stephens, CPA, CGMA
- A copy of the course slides
- An eBook: For Beginning Investors: Understanding Financial Statements By Rodger Stephens CPA
Once enrolled, please expect an email within 1 business day to schedule your session. You can be attending within 1-3 business days.
All courses are attended via zoom.
This course is limited to 15 students per course date. This is to allow you the time and freedom to get your questions discussed and answered to your satisfaction. Please signup now because once this course is full, registration closes.
ABOUT PRIZE PERFORMANCE LLC
Prize Performance LLC is a boutique consultancy dedicated to helping you, the business owner, advance your business position in harmony with your own unique reasons why. We do this by investing the time to get to know your business. With this knowledge, we provide customized services that meet your specific needs, goals, objectives. Working closely and collaboratively with you, we provide the fact-based insight and proven actionable solutions you need.
With a full complement of hands-on experience in business performance management, finance, accounting, technology and software, operations, business growth strategies, and business management—Prize Performance is uniquely qualified to provide the insight, knowledge, and success strategies you need for:
- Business Growth
- Business Valuation
- Business Education
- We help you minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
- Being nimble in today’s marketplace is essential to your success. Through our vast insight, expertise, and tools, we help you Strategize—Plan—Monitor—Act—Adjust. We empower you to be responsive to changes in the marketplace and new opportunities as they arise.
- Prize Performance uses proven techniques that deliver results so you can depend on our recommendations and enjoy peace of mind with the informed decisions that you make.
- We know what works and why. When you work with Prize Performance—you do too. We make the complex simple to understand and are dedicated to educating you from our first conversation through the conclusion of your project.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR: Rodger Stephens CPA, CGMA
- BA Accounting, BA Business Management NCSU
- Certified Public Accountant CPA
- Chartered Global Management Accountant CGMA
- Graduate of the AICPA Business Valuation School
- 12 yrs. experience managing finance departments
- St Anthony Publishing, Reuters America
- Publishing, printing, consulting, telecommunications, media industries
- Prepared & analyzed financial statements to drive performance
- Advised management on past and future performance
- Managed staff and all business systems
- 12 yrs. experience business performance improvement software industry
- EdgeMark Systems, Cognos Corporation (Now IBM TM1), Oracle Corporation
- Showed hundreds of companies how to use business performance improvement software to their best advantage
- Connected information systems to creatively drive operational and financial performance
- Formal training, practice and teaching of business performance improvement techniques
- 11 yrs. experience business valuation and business growth work at Prize Performance LLC
- Applied all past experience to drive performance for clients
- Conducted both business growth and business valuation engagements
- Advise clients on managing their business to their best abilities
- 16 yrs. experience in a 19.5-acre, high-profile, high value, high complexity, mixed use real estate redevelopment project with a seedling spin-off consultancy
- Leader to 364 property owners who twice in the last 6 years formally voted to support this project with a vote of greater than 80% support
- Representing property owners in dealing with developers, county staff and elected officials
- Considerable contributions to properly structuring the many contracts which make up the entire redevelopment project
A Home Services Client
- 387% organic sales growth
- >387% cash flow growth in 3 years
A Services Industry Client
- 200% sales growth
- >300% cash flow growth, overnight, with an acquisition
Modeled ‘00s of business models in a wide variety of industries
- Detailed forward driving projections based on business behavior from past performance
- Projected to overlapping levels such as revenue models, cost models, product/service mixes, acquisitions, more
- Used models to drive growth and valuations for each client
Past business valuations include:
- A great number of valuations completed
- A wide variety of industries and varying textures of companies served
- Prompter than others on delivery of results, to suit the owner’s greater agenda
- Delivered with a business condition assessment in many cases
WHAT THIS IS NOT
- This is not “How To” training. You will not be calculating or learning to calculate your business valuation.
- This is not a sales presentation. There are no sales pitches here. You are a paying student. We treat you that way. We value and honor your attendance and willingness to learn.